This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Costas Loop”.
1. Helical antenna is mainly used for ________
a) bandwidth calculation
b) production of video signals
c) radio transmission
d) satellite tracking
2. Sampling frequency of a compact disk is about ________
a) 30 KHz
b) 50 KHz
c) 10 KHz
d) 70 KHz
3. Costa’s receiver is used for ________
a) coherent detection of AM-SC signal
b) asynchronous detection of AM-SC signal
c) amplification of signal
d) frequency mixing of signa
4. In frequency modulation, there is a large increase in noise and hence increase in the signal to noise ratio.
5. Atmospheric noise, extraterrestrial noise and man-made noise is part of internal noise in communication.
6. Distance at which a sky wave is received back on earth ________ with an angle of incidence.
c) can be increase or decrease
d) can neither be increase or decrease
7. Image frequency is given by ________
a) fs + fi
b) fs ± fi
c) fs + 2fi
d) fs ± 2fi
8. Thermal noise is a synonym of ________
a) Atmospheric noise
b) shot noise
c) Johnson noise
d) transit time noise
9. In a Vidicon camera tube, both sides of the target plate have the coating of Sno2.
10. Ground wave can be used for communication upto ________
a) 5 KHz
b) 12 KHz
c) 16 KHz
d) 25 KHz