This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Control and Data Entry”.
1. What is DVI control?
a) Direct voice input
b) Digitally vectored input
c) Digital voice input
d) Direct vectored input
2. In a DVI control, which system recognizes the pilot’s control?
a) Flight data computer
b) Air Data Computer
c) Speech recognition system
d) Central command center
3. What type of beams are used for the tactical control panel?
a) Matrix array of infrared beams
b) Light beams
d) Microwave beams
4. The main reason for DVI control system in aircraft is _____________
a) less weight
b) latest technology
c) reduce pilot work load
d) space constraints
5. The DVI control system need not be super sensitive to the voice of the pilot.
6. The audio/tactile management system combined with FBW and automated engine control is called ________
b) flight management system
c) voice, throttle, stick control
d) flight control computer
7. What are isolated word recognizers?
a) Systems that can recognize anyone’s voice
b) System that is not fully voice commanded
c) Systems that require a pause between each word to recognize
d) Systems that only accept one-word command
8. What is the reason for using speech synthesizers in aircrafts?
a) Communication with ATC
b) Communication with another aircraft
c) Used in flight data recorder
d) Warning messages to pilot
9. What is the role of eye trackers in cockpits?
a) Improve concentration
b) Improve accuracy for targeting
c) Monitor pilot health
d) Assist in high g maneuvers
10. Only the pilot of a particular aircraft can use its DVI control system?
11. Why is the stereo sound warning system used?
a) Better sound clarity
b) Warning sound from the actual direction of a threat
c) To cancel the heavy background noise
d) To hear sound external to the aircraft