This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Continuous Cooling Transformation Diagrams”.
1. In continuous cooling transformation diagrams, which of the following is true?
a) The material is cooled rapidly
b) The material is first heated and then cooled rapidly
c) The material is cooled at a certain rate
d) The material is kept at a constant temperature
2. How many types of CCT diagram are there?
3. Continuous cooling transformation diagrams are mainly drawn for _________
c) Any alloy
4. Which physical property is normally measured to determine a CCT diagram?
b) Magnetic permeability
5. Jominy end quench test is used for type 2 CCT diagram.
6. Critical cooling rate required is less in CCT than in TTT diagrams.
7. Slope change in a CCT diagram signify _________
a) Change in temperature
b) Change in pressure
c) Change in phase
d) Change in state
8. Which of the following scientist gave a method to calculate the transformation temperature during continuous cooling?