This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Computer Integrated Manufacturing”.
1. Which is a false statement on CIM (Computer integrated manufacturing)?
a) Quality of the final goods produced is better
b) The cost of production is less
c) Quantity of produced goods can be changed easily
d) The cost of initial setup is less
2. When did the ‘digital manufacturing’ concept became prominent?
a) Early 1950’s
b) Early 1970’s
c) Late 1940’s
d) Late 1960’s
3. Which does CNC stand for with respect to machine related manufacturing?
a) Computer Numb control
b) Computer Number control
c) Computer Numerical control
d) Computerised Numerical controller
4. What is the full form of CAD?
a) Computer aided Design
b) Computer arts Design
c) Computer arts Designing
d) Computer assisted Design
5. “Lights-out factory” is a factory where there is no need any kind of light source.
6. Which does PLC stand for with respect to machine related manufacturing?
a) Programmed Logic Controller
b) Programmable Logic Controller
c) Programmed Logic Control
d) Programmable Low-key Controller
7. CIM (Computer integrated manufacturing) system is same as “lights-out factory”.
8. Which does DNC stand for with respect to machine related manufacturing?
a) Direct Numb control
b) Direct Number control
c) Direct Numerical control
d) Directed Numerical controller
9. What is the full form of CAPP?
a) Computer aided processed plans
b) Computer arts process planning
c) Computer aided process planning
d) Computer assisted process planning
10. Which software cannot be used for 3D modelling and CAD (Computer aided design)?
d) Adobe premium pro
11. Who coined the term CAE (Computer aided engineering)?
a) Jerome H. Lemelson
b) Jason Lemon
c) Charles manes
d) Samuel Hunter Christie
12. Which is an example of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)?
13. CIM (Computer integrated manufacturing) implies that there should be at least two computers between which information is interchanged.
14. Stress analysis can be performed using “ansys” CAD (Computer aided design) software.
15. When was the first attempt of lights-out manufacturing made?