This set of Analog Electronic Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Colpitts Oscillator-1″.
1. Which component of Colpitts oscillator is used in feedback system?
2. Which of the following network is used to give feedback to transistor?
a) Inductive fixed bias
b) Capacitive fixed bias
c) Inductive voltage divider
d) Capacitive voltage divider
3. Which type of feedback is used by Colpitts oscillator?
a) Voltage series feedback
b) Current series feedback
c) Voltage shunt feedback
d) Current shunt feedback
4. How many capacitors are there in the tank circuit of Colpitts oscillator?
5. Capacitive circuit configuration in Colpitts oscillator improves _____________
b) Frequency stability
6. RFC choke present in Collpitts oscillatory circuit is for _________
a) High reactance to oscillation
b) Low reactance to oscillation
c) Variable reactance to oscillation
d) Biasing to oscillation
7. How many inductors are there in the tank circuit?
8. Active element used in Colpitts oscillator is _________
b) Voltage regulator
9. RFC choke is placed in Colpitts oscillator instead of resistor is to provide _________
a) High impedance to DC
b) High resistance to DC
c) Low resistance to DC
d) Less bulkiness
10. Resistors are provided in Colpitts circuit is to __________
a) Provide high impedance to oscillation
b) Bias transistor
c) Provide stability for tank circuit
d) increase impedance for oscillation