This set of Signals & Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Classification of Signals”.
1. In real valued function and complex valued function, time is _______________
d) Not predictable
2. Discrete time signal is derived from continuous time signal by _____________ process.
d) Addition and multiplication
3. What is single-valued function?
a) Single value for all instants of time
b) Unique value for every instant of time
c) A single pattern is followed by after ‘t’ intervals
d) Different pattern of values is followed by after ‘t’ intervals of time
4. Even signals are symmetric about the vertical axis.
5. Which of the following is true for complex-valued function?
a) X (-t) = x*(t)
b) X (-t) = x(t)
c) X (-t) = – x(t)
d) X (-t) = x*(-t)
6. Fundamental frequency x[n] is given by ___________
a) Omega = 2*pi /N
b) Omega = 2*pi*N
c) Omega = 4*pi *2N
d) Omega = pi / N
7. If x (-t) = -x (t) then the signal is said to be _____________
a) Even signal
b) Odd signal
c) Periodic signal
d) Non periodic signal
8. When x(t ) is said to be non periodic signal?
a) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for all values of T
b) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for only one value of T
c) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for no values of T
d) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for only odd values of T
9. Noise generated by an amplifier of radio is an example for?
a) Discrete signal
b) Deterministic signal
c) Random signal
d) Periodic signal
10. What is the fundamental frequency of discrete –time wave shown in fig a?
11. What is the total power of the rectangular pulse shown in fig b?
12. Energy signal has zero average power and power signal has zero energy.
13. Calculate the average power of the discrete-time wave shown in fig a?
14. What is the total energy of rectangular pulse shown in fig b?