This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Channel Assignment Strategies”.
1. The choice of channel assignment strategy does not impact the performance of the system.
2. Dynamic channel assignment reduces the likelihood of blocking in comparison to fixed channel assignment.
3. In fixed channel assignment strategy, each cell is allocated a predetermined set of _______
a) Voice channels
b) Control channels
d) base stations
4. Which of the following is not an objective for channel assignment strategies?
a) Efficient utilization of spectrum
b) Increase of capacity
c) Minimize the interference
d) Maximize the interference
5. What happen to a call in fixed channel strategy, if all the channels in a cell are occupied?
b) Cross talk
6. In dynamic channel assignment strategy, voice channels are allocated to different cells permanently.
7. What is the drawback of dynamic channel assignment?
a) Decrease channel utilization
b) Increase probability of blocked call
c) Cross talk
d) Increase storage and computational load on system
8. What is a borrowing strategy in fixed channel assignments?
a) Borrowing channels from neighbouring cell
b) Borrowing channels from neighbouring cluster
c) Borrowing channels from same cell
d) Borrowing channels from other base station in same cell
9. In dynamic channel assignment strategy, base station requests channel from ____________
b) Neighbouring cell
c) Neighbouring cluster
d) Neighbouring base station
10. RSSI stands for ________
a) Received Signal Strength Indicator
b) Restricted Signal Strength Indicator
c) Radio Signal Strength Indication
d) Restricted System Software Indicator