This set of Electrical Measurements Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Capacitance Comparison Bridge”.
1. How is the bridge balanced?
a) using resistance R1
b) using resistance R3
c) through capacitance C3
d) through capacitance Cx
2. Actual balance condition can be obtained by _________
a) varying R1
b) varying R3
c) varying R2
d) varying R1 and R3
3. Impedance Z4 consists of _________
a) resistance Rx
b) capacitance Cx
c) combination of capacitance Cx and resistance Rx
d) consists of a detector
4. In a capacitance bridge, the arms are _________
d) mixture of resistance, capacitance and inductance
6. Unknown resistance is obtained by using which of the following relation?
a) Rx = R1R3R2
b) Rx = R2R3R1
c) Rx = R2R1R3
d) Rx = R2R1
7. Unknown capacitance value is obtained by _________
a) comparison with standard
b) using a tuned detector
c) using capacitance of other ratio arms
d) using a vibration galvanometer
8. Unknown capacitance is found by using which of the following relation?
a) Cx = C3R2R1
b) Cx = C3R2
c) Cx = C3R1R2
d) Cx = R1R2