This set of Embedded System Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cache Memory”.
1. How many possibilities of mapping does a direct mapped cache have?
2. Which factor determines the effectiveness of the cache?
a) hit rate
b) refresh cycle
c) refresh rate
d) refresh time
3. Which factor determines the number of cache entries?
a) set commutativity
b) set associativity
c) size of the cache
d) number of caches
4. Which of the following is a common cache?
5. Which of the following is more quickly accessed?
b) Cache memory
6. What does DMA stand for?
a) direct memory access
b) direct main access
c) data main access
d) data memory address
7. What is the size of the cache for an 8086 processor?
a) 64 Kb
b) 128 Kb
c) 32 Kb
d) 16 Kb
8. Which of the following determines a high hit rate of the cache memory?
a) size of the cache
b) number of caches
c) size of the RAM
d) cache access
9. What are the basic elements required for cache operation?
a) memory array, multivibrator, counter
b) memory array, comparator, counter
c) memory array, trigger circuit, a comparator
d) memory array, comparator, CPU
10. Which of the following allows speculative execution?
a) 12-way set associative cache
b) 8-way set associative cache
c) direct mapped cache
d) 4-way set associative cache
11. Which factor determines the cache performance?
12. How many divisions are possible in the cache memory based on the tag or index address?
13. Which of the following refers to the number of consecutive bytes which are associated with each cache entry?
a) cache size
b) associative set
c) cache line
d) cache word