This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Automatic Landing Systems”.
1. The reduction of glide slope gain is called as________
a) Auto throttle
b) Auto gain
c) Auto attenuation
d) Gain scheduling
2. What is the nominal accuracy of radar altimeters below 100ft?
a) 5 ft
b) 10 ft
c) 20 ft
d) 1.5 ft
3. Auto land system is a must for _________ and above?
a) Category I
b) Category II
c) Category III
d) Category IV
4. Accurate calculation of aircraft height using the glide path deviations and distance information is not practical.
5. __________ is the exponential path tangent to a horizontal plane several feet below the runway?
b) Ground roll
6. British Trident and U.S. L-1011 aircraft was certified for category III A operations.
7. What is the wheel height where flare command is initiated?
8. What is done to reduce the error in localizer as the runway is approached?
a) Gain scheduling
b) Reduce speed
c) Increase angle of attack