This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Atmospheric Effects on Satellite Signals”.
1. Which of the following makes the existence of ionosphere possible?
a) Rotation of the Earth
b) Ultraviolet radiation from sun
c) Solar flares
d) Radiation from distant stars
2. Satellite signals are refracted by the ionosphere.
3. How does troposphere affect the satellite signals?
a) Reduces velocity
b) Reflects the signals
c) Refracts the signal
d) Bit inversion occurs
4. What happens to the satellite signals as the density of the ionosphere is high?
a) Velocity increases
b) Velocity decreases
c) Signal strength increases
d) Frequency reduces
5. TEC in the ionosphere is a function of solar radiation.
6. The refractivity of the troposphere is not a function of ________
d) Partial pressure of water vapour
7. What is the increase in velocity of the signal by the ionosphere termed as?
a) Differential velocity
b) Velocity advance
c) Phase advance
d) Signal advance
8. Which of the following is true with respect to ionospheric scintillation effects?
a) It causes signal fading
b) Occurs at the equatorial and polar regions
c) Occurs mostly at day
d) Occurs when high solar activity is present