This set of Antenna Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Application of Parabolic Reflector”.
1. Which of the following antenna has a shape of letter ‘C’?
a) Orange peel antenna
b) Pill box
c) Yagi-Uda antenna
d) Wire dipole
2. Which of the following statements is false about Array-fed antenna?
a) It is widely used to create a downlink radiation in satellite communication
b) An array of feed horns are clustered at focal point to produce arbitrary shaped beam
c) It uses only a single horn feed and a multiple array of passive reflectors
d) It can also be used with secondary reflector antennas
3. Which one of the following antennas is mostly used in TV Dish?
a) Parabolic reflector
b) Lens antenna
c) Log periodic
d) Rhombus antenna
4. Which type of feed in parabolic antenna blocks the beam limiting aperture efficiency to 55%?
a) Axial feed
b) Offset feed
5. In which of the following secondary reflector is concave?
6. Cassegrain antennas cannot be used in radio telescopes.
7. Which of the following reflector antenna doesn’t require a directive feed?
8. In which of the following secondary reflector is convex?
9. Which of the following antenna is a combination of pillbox and parabolic cylinder?
a) Cheese antenna
b) Orange peel antenna
c) Corner antenna
10. Which of the following is formed by moving parabolic counter parallel to itself?
a) Parabolic cylinder
b) Pill box
c) Cheese antenna
d) Truncated antenna
11. Large f/D ratio is used for deep-dish reflectors.
12. In which of the following feed there is no impedance mismatch?
a) Offset feed
b) Cassegrain feed
c) Front feed
d) Gregorian feed