This set of Antenna Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Antenna Characteristics”.
1. Find the power radiated by an antenna whose radiation resistance is 100Ω and operating with 3A of current at 2GHz frequency?
2. Front-to-Back ratio is defined as ratio of power radiated in desired direction to the power radiated in back lobe.
3. A linear antenna having length less than λ/8 is called as _______
a) Short monopole
b) Short dipole
c) Half-wave dipole
d) Quarter-wave monopole
4. Relation between beam solid angle Ω, horizontal half-power beam width ∅A, vertical half-power beam width ∅E is __________
5. Find the effective area of a half-wave dipole operating at frequency 100MHz and directive gain 1.8?
6. The angular distance between two successive nulls of main lobe is called as ______
c) Beam width
7. Which of the following field varies inversely with r2?
a) Far field
b) Near field
c) Radiation field
d) Electrostatic field
8. Which of the following option is false?
a) Omni-directional antenna is a special case of directional antenna
b) Directional antenna radiates power effectively in particular directions compared to other directions
c) Isotropic antenna radiates power in all directions
d) End-fire array antenna has its main beam normal to the axis containing antenna
9. If beam width of the antenna increases, then directivity ________
c) Remains unchanged
d) Depends on type of antenna
10. The receiving antenna is designed to have ____ side-lobe-ratio and ____ SNR.
a) Low, high
b) High, high
c) Low, low
d) High, low