This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Amplitude Limiting”.
1. Calculate the power in a DSB-SC signal, if the modulation is 60% and power of carrier wave is 600W?
2. TRF receivers are used for ________
a) Detection of modulating signal
b) Removal of unwanted signal
c) Mixing modulating signal with unwanted signal
d) Both detection of modulating signal and removal of unwanted signal
3. What is the maximum transmission efficiency of an AM signal?
4. In automatic gain control of the AM receiver ________
a) gain of the receiver is adjusted
b) gain adjustment depends upon the strength of received signal
c) is an open-loop system
d) gain is received only by stronger signals
5. One of the advantage of using analog communication over digital communication is that in analog communication less transmission bandwidth is required.
6. Which of the following is an example of continuous wave analog modulation?
7. Generation of SSB-SC signal is done by ________
a) Phase discrimination method and Frequency discrimination method
b) Phase discrimination method and Square law modulator
c) Square law modulator and Frequency discrimination method
d) Balanced modulator and Square law modulator