This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “AM Receiver”.
1. For what modulation index, we can expect maximum undistorted power output of a transmitter?
2. Modulation is used to allow the use of practical antennas.
3. Notch filter is a band pass filter.
4. Which of the following statement is incorrect about modulation?
a) It is used to allow the use of practical antennas
b) It is used to separate different transmissions
c) It is used to reduce the required bandwidth
d) It is used to ensure that the message is transmitted over long distances
5. An ergodic process is present in communication if many random signals have ________
a) identical time averages
b) identical ensemble averages
c) identical time and ensemble averages
d) identical bandwidth
6. Which of the following statement is not true about auto-correlation function?
a) it is non-unique description of goals
b) it is measure of both time variation and statistical dependence
c) it is an average function
d) it is defined only for periodic signals
7. Why amplitude modulation is issued for broadcasting?
a) It is more immune to noise
b) It has more fidelity
c) It avoids receiver complexity
d) It has better selectivity and sensitivity
8. Auto-correlation function is non-unique description of signals.