This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Air Data Computers”.
1. Which of the following does not come under air data computer?
a) Pressure ports
b) Pressure transducers
d) Output drivers for interfacing
2. An air data computer can be used in multiple aircraft.
3. ______ is used for setting stabilizer position and high speed performance boundaries?
a) Mach number
b) True airspeed
c) Calibrated airspeed
4. Which one of the following is not a part of the processor subassembly?
b) Volatile RAM
c) Non volatile RAM
d) Non erasable ROM
5. Which system has replaced the CADC by using smaller and cheaper microprocessors?
a) Navigational system
b) Distributed air data system
d) Inertial system
6. Which of the following is not an advantage of distributed air data system?
a) Elimination of pneumatic plumbing
c) Easy maintenance
d) Better accuracy
7. Which of the following includes A/D conversions and packing of discrete signals into logical words?
a) Input processing
b) Output processing
c) Signal processing
d) Mainframe processor
8. A distributed air data system uses a centralized flight control computer for calculations.
9. Distributed air data system reduces the overall weight of the aircraft.
10. Which one of the following is not an advantage of centralized architecture?
a) Simple design
b) Software is easily coded
c) Computer is readily accessible
d) Software is flexible