This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Advantages of Filter Method”.
1. In televisions, equalizing pulses are sent during __________
a) horizontal blanking
b) vertical blanking
d) horizontal retrace
2. It is generally observed that a ship to ship communication suffers from fading. This problem can be avoided by using ________
a) space diversity
b) frequency diversity
c) directional antenna
3. Which of the following does not cause losses in optical fibre cables?
a) Stepped index operation
d) Light absorption
4. What is the characteristic impedance of a twin wire feeder used in television?
a) 1000 ohm
b) 100 ohm
c) 10 ohm
d) 300 ohm
5. What is the direction of rotation of a CD?
c) either clockwise or anticlockwise depend on data stored
d) first anticlockwise and then clockwise
6. Filter method is the one and only method to produce SSB.
7. A buffer amplifier is a cathode follower double tuned amplifier.
8. According to Fourier Analysis a square wave can be represented as a fundamental sine wave and even harmonics.
9. Impulse noise can be reduced in _________